Kev recently visited the Haglöfs showroom in Staveley to look at what was hot for the Spring/Summer 2015 season and to organise our forthcoming gear tests.
Once again Haglöfs have a strong range, and as was the case last year, we’re particularly impressed with their Mountain and LIM products which are versatile, simple and well thought out.
Here are top picks from the Haglöfs “Mountain Range” for the coming season…
Triton Pro Hoody
The Triton Pro Hood. Made with a bluesign® stretch-fleece fabric, this three-season jacket has an ergonomic fit and well-positioned pockets. Each detail was carefully considered for maximum utility.
Weight: 335 G (SIZE L)
- Polartec® PowerStretch® Pro™ provides outstanding durability and stretch comfort throughout the garment
- Snug hood that fits under a helmet
- No shoulder seams to avoid chafing and for enhanced durability
- Flatlock seams throughout to reduce bulk and optimize durability
- Two large, zippered hand warmer pockets and one laminated stretch chest pocket
- Thumb holes at the elastic cuffs to enhance fit and maximize heat retention
- Integrated, single-handed hem draw cord
CGR say: “A favourite already which has been used for cragging, walking, scrambling and even worn to the pub. The hood fits brilliantly, the fabric has a tough and smooth outer layer with a soft inner that works against the skin or over a base layer. Pockets are strategically placed as to not interfere with a harness or pack straps. Thumb loops are a nice touch. Full review to follow.”
Skarn II Hood
An hooded jacket in bluesign® approved durable fabrics with perfect balance of breathability and stretch for summer mountain activities.
Weight: 500 G (SIZE L)
- Non-membrane FlexAble™ fabric provides the optimum balance of wind resistance together with excellent breathability
- Stretch throughout for maximum freedom of movement
- Reinforced shoulders and sleeves
- Three way adjustable, climbing helmet compatible hood with reinforced peak
- Two mid mounted pockets with extra durable laminated zippers and a built in ventilation system
- One laminated slanted sleeve pocket and Stretch cuffs with thumb grip
- No shoulder, side or inner sleeve seam to avoid chafing and enhance durability
- Integrated single handed draw cord in hem
- Fluorocarbon free DWR treated surfaces
CGR say: “This is a classic of the range and a CGR favourite from last season which has undergone a few tweaks in the pocket configuration. Very versatile and perfect for dragging, scrambling and mountaineering.”
Hardwearing lightweight short in 4 way stretch nylon material.
Weight: 260 g (size L)
- Non-membrane FlexAble™ fabric provides the optimum balance of wind and water resistance together with excellent breathability
- PFOS/PFOA and fluorocarbon free DWR treated surfaces
- Gusseted crotch, offset side and inner leg seams for a chafe-free comfortable fit
- Comfortable flat waist band and intergrated belt with laminated loop tunnels
- Zippered fly
- Two zippered hand warmer pockets
- One laminated zippered leg pocket
- Inseam length 32 cm, size L men’s and 32 cm, size M women’s
CGR say: “ Light, simple, stretchy and tough with a flat waist band. These shorts are perfect for all mountain activities being well cut, and easy to care for. They dry quickly too. I just wish I had 2 pairs! Full review to follow.”
Rocker GT Shoes
The versatile and lightweight Rocker GT shoe is perfect for long approaches, easy climbs or a via ferrata. Comfortable with excellent control, it is made with lightweight GORE-TEX® for complete protection.
Weight: 389 G ½ PAIR (SIZE UK 8)
- Ecsaine® heel collar lining for comfort and best durability
- Solyte midsole for improved cushioning, lower weight and decreased breakdowns
- GEL® rear foot cushioning for good shock absorption
- Wet Grip Rubber with rice husk for improved grip in wet conditions
- AHAR+ ASICS® High Abrasion Resistance Rubber
- Asymmetric long lacing for the best fit and control
- Rubber reinforced heel and toe for increased protection
- Tongue gusset to prevent snow and water to enter the shoe
- Non absorbing fabrics to maintain a low weight in wet condition
- Heel webbing loop for easier pull on and storage on your backpack
- Breathable mesh upper and synthetic durable and lightweight overlays
CGR say: “A brilliant shoe for rocky approaches and scrambles, or even easy climbs. This is one of the best and most comfortable approach shoes I’ve worn for a long time. They even look good too! Full review to follow.”
ROC Speed 40
In the Roc Speed 40, we created a slim climbing backpack that’s ultra lightweight, durable, and well fitting. It holds everything you need for high-tempo mountaineering activities.
Weight: APPROX 965 G (40 L)
- Removable Atilon foam frame-sheet
- Back panel with 3D-mesh sections
- Stowable hip belt
- Stowable ice-axe loops and double-elastic shaft retrievers
- Floating/detachable lid with water resistant zip-opening and key holder
- Rope-carry under lid
- Sternum strap with integrated safety whistle
- Hydration system compatible with internal sleeve and hose routers on shoulder straps
- Reflective printing
CGR say: “A great mountaineering and climbing pack that swallows all the climbing kit you could possibly need for a day or more on the hill. Not the lightest on the market, nor the heaviest, this pack is fully featured and tough.”
- Look out for Part 2 of our Haglöfs Spring/Summer Range 2015 preview in the next few days.
- Visit the Haglöfs website.